Monday, January 28

A Calling




To fly. 
To escape the reality of this masked life.
Search somewhere new that has yet to be found.
Fly amongst the stars and through the forest trees.
A sea of dark green and pine.
This concrete has suffocated me enough for tonight.
This day-to-day prison of steel and smoke.

Release me into the unknown. Into another world.
I want to hear the wind and I want to see the cold.
I want to taste the sounds of nature and to feel the twinkling of the stars above.

Take me away
Release me
Set me free

These chains have become too tight.
My room has grown too small.
I can’t breathe this routine any longer.
I can’t live asleep in my skin any longer


Set me free
Set me to life
Set me to breathe
Break the binding restraints
Break the ropes holding me back
Break the dull dim of this place

Show me the rivers where I can dance in the wind and sing with the breeze
Show me how to become invisible from the expectations of tomorrow's responsibilities
Open my eyes to the infinite possibility of the unknown
What is not seen has yet to be discovered.
Let me go.
I will find it.

If given the chance
I will forget this place.
I will always look ahead.
New. Unseen. Discovery. Vibrant. Life. Adventure.

All of these things I want.
I need.
I need to live.
I need to breathe… Something I have not known.
Tied down to reality when my mind yearns to leave.
If only I could cut the strings that seem so frail.
How easily they would brake.

To be so daring
To take that leap. 
To take that jump- dive in.
Close my eyes and dive.
Not knowing what is to come but not caring enough to remember what is behind.
The past is past for a reason.

Let go of yesterday
Search my heart
Know my mind
I can’t remember who I used to be.
I want to become.
To never stop becoming.
Walk down a new path.
I know I can’t even imagine where this path is taking me.
A glimpse or two but never fully knowing what to expect.
The ultimate adventure.
Never truly knowing what is to come but not looking back. Never looking back.
Never remembering yesterday

No one will know who I was.
A vault lost for eternity.
Pain forgotten forever.
A story told as fable.

A warrior princess who conquered the monster and kept living after the defeat.
Searching for new territory.
New battles to win.
Sword in hand and the Word on her mind.
She flies into the dark knowing she can defeat whatever comes her way.

Faith does that.
Moves
Changes
Challenges
Strengthens

Being weak has never made her stronger.

This.
This is adventure.
This is the unknown.

To live. The adventure starts once you choose.

Choose
Choose to GO
Choose to LOVE
Choose to HOPE
Choose to BELIEVE
Choose to FLY
Choose to LIVE

It is a choice.
It is mine
It is yours
It is simple

Go
Live
Escape
Break away
Breathe
Fly
Soar
Flourish